Generators – Baldwin County, AL
A stand by generator is a great investment for keeping your essential home systems running; and giving you peace of mind. The generator protects your home and family by keeping the power on to your home no matter what the weather is doing. Here are just a few of the reasons you should choose an installed whole house generator:
- you work from home in a home office the stand by generator will keep your essential systems working; such as your computer, your internet and your phone.
- you have young children, special needs or elderly occupants in your home; the stand by generator will provide you the essential electricity you need to keep everything status quo.
- stand by generator will keep you homes heating and cooling operating so that you can still sleep in the summer and pipes wont freeze and burst in the winter.
- stand by generator keeps your home safety systems working such as your alarm system and outside lighting. This lets bad guys know to go somewhere else.
- stand by generator keeps your home automation systems working such as your thermostat, lighting and on demand music.
- stand by generator will keep you from experiencing those horrible events of multiple days without power from winter storms, thunder storms and tornadoes.
- you travel frequently a sand by generator will keep your homes essential systems working while you are away.
A stand by generator is Installed like an air conditioning unit and it runs on propane and natural gas. This means you always have a limitless supply of stand by power. The generator system uses an electric transfer switch to start generator instantly power up your home without the need for extension cords. The system powers your homes essential systems instantly.
How a stand by generator works
When standing by your transfer switch has a lighted display that tells you power is coming from the electric grid. When you lose power from the grid, the transfer switch detects that power has been lost. The transfer switch then instantly starts the generator and then provides power to the home from the generator. The lighted display then tells you that the home is being supplied by stand by power. When the transfer switch detects that the power has been restored to your home it cuts off the generator and places you back on the power grid instantly.
How do you know the system is working correctly?
The stand by generator will perform a weekly test in which it starts itself up, runs for a couple of minutes and then shuts down. This weekly test lets you know that the standby generator is working correctly and standing by in case its needed at a moment’s notice.
To get your free estimate on a whole house stand by generator contact us today.